Thursday 17 October 2013

On the go with Kim K

I am an ex-hairdresser.QUITE some time ago so dont ask me how to colour correct your home dye job.Not a scooby.Ive been getting hair extensions since i was a 16 year old junior.That makes it 12 years.Ive tried it all, my latest was a lace front wig.Think beyonce & Tara Banks.

But i tried to remove the glue myself.DONT EVER.That stuff is not meant to come off which is why Beyonces hair stayed in place (and she kept singing! professional!) whilst she recently got it caught in a fan performing.I am now the owner of one receding hairline at one of my temples.I need a break.Whats wrong with the old fashioned growing your hair? So i went to see my buddy Nat at Hobs in Loughton.My inspo was Kim Kardashian 

as i naturally had the ombre thing going on from hiding my head under a wig so long.I know i know! Im late to the ombre trend but hey im fashionably late? Another long afternoon sitting in a chair so i threw together a little food bag in the 0.5 seconds i had.Heres what i took-


The green drink (that tastes of chocolate vanilla) that oxygenates you for beauty,health & weight loss that i blogged about in yesterdays post.Word of warning if you take it in a 1 litre mason jar like i do people WILL ask you why you are drinking pond.BUT its also a great conversation starter.Another hairdresser told me how he went to Thailand for a month cleanse at a michelin star raw food resort after he spotted me gulping the familiar murky liquid he has drunk himself. 
Some mini oranges which are also great internal cleansers.Hence the reason cleaning kitchen sprays love to base theirs on oranges.
Also i am really getting into minerals at the minute.90% of the bodys functions are run on minerals.Our soil is depleted from farming methods of pesticides and pollution, even our organic is not as mineral rich as it used to be.Seaweeds are amazing for beauty.You can buy seagreens capsules or i add teeny bits of kelp powder (from rawliving.eu) to ALL of my twins superfood pots.The taste is masked by other things.I had a few sachets of Clearspring Organic Miso Soup (non gmo) which contains wakame seaweed so i thought what a better warming drink on a rainy day than a regular cuppa at the salon.Nourishing and all i got to ask for is some hot water.
I also threw in some bee pollen granules and goji berries into a pot which are superfoods to the highest degree!
Goji berries is one of the only known food sources that naturally increase/support your human growth hormone.This is a hormone you release when your asleep which decreases with age and is responsible for keeping you pretty and healthy sista! It also is one of the top plant based protein sources.
Bee pollen from what i can remember, (if i wrong do correct me ) is what the Queen bee consumes that makes her live umpteen times longer than the other bees.
It is an energy and nutritive tonic in chinese medicine.It has many health benefits and considered natures "fountain of youth".Knock it back girl...(or guy!)
I also grabbed a raw chocolate brownie bar i got in bulk from Amazon.To tell you the truth the drink is pretty filling, not sure if i will eat it.Raw chocolate is totally mineral packed also but thats a whole other post.
Id really like to start using organic colours on my hair but thats a bit more research i have to do and im pushed for time with one of my besties wedding in 2 days (She also has a son 5-6 weeks older than my twins so we were bump buddies.I owe my simple natural twin labour to her.She gave me a step by step truthful warts & all guide as i hadnt even been to a class as i had a c-section booked).My first friend getting married, pass the tissues!
Anyway heres a before and after:


I am posting this so you can pick up ideas for how i try to keep healthy/raw on the go with a busy life.i would appreciate your ideas also! My aim with Rawnchy is to eventually provide these kinds of snacks needed for on the go.
Lots of love,
A more groomed Jen xx


No comments:

Post a Comment