Wednesday 13 November 2013

The Energy Juice

I have given birth twice in 13 minutes.If theres anyone who knows how tiring it is to push a human out your V-hole it is I.It is called labour for a reason.Pregnancy is hard work not a holiday.Your body will never again push itself to such exhausting limits.You would eat right before and during a marathon so its only smart to do the same for labour/pregnancy right?
Now im no professional.Im not a doctor.But im rich in life experience.And you don't need to be a doctor to know fruit & veg is good for you! I have had a lot of interest in juices & drinks for energy lately.Everyone is tired.My next few posts i will dedicate to them.When you have another humans life depending on you, you want to be full of energy.I don't really remember what i took fluid wise to the hospital because it was emergency labour.I know i took something but its a fazy memory! I was in a beauty salon being pampered and on the labour table 90 minutes later.Turns out it was great timing, i was groomed to perfection.
This post is inspired by a fellow mum raising her son on a healthy lifestyle who is due to give birth to her second little fella soon.She wants energy but this juice would be great for also anyone. 
(Would love to include a pic of her here with juice if she will)
My energy booster is always raw beetroots.It can be used for endurance in sports.
It is full of iron which is a needed for energy.If you are low you are tired.Drinking raw beets and eating various other things (like spirulina) i kept my iron levels naturally high for the 3 of us without supplementation.
I would be happy to use beets in a pregnancy/labour juice.



Pineapple would be the next favourite.It helps soften and tone the cevix making your body more favourable for labour.
It is reported to stimulate muscle contractions and shorten labour (hell yes).It also is said to help healing after surgery and diminish pain.


Lime is the final taste i would include.
It is also good for fatigue as well as common pregnancy ailments: constipation and heartburn.

Heres what i come up with tonight:
-1 Cored & Sliced Pineapple
-1 De-skinned Lime
-1 Beetroot

It made this gorgeous pink colour:

I really recommend using organic where you can.I know Tescos stock raw organic beetroots and limes.I have yet to find an organic pineapple but the skin is pretty thick.Exposing yourself and child to as less farming chemicals as possible is a smart move.



I hope you enjoy this juice.I was pretty tired after a leg training session with my ex-military PT.Id went to bed at 1am and up at the crack of dawn with a couple pf wake ups inbetween because my twins are teething, waking each other up, allover the place pretty much most days since they were 4 months old.Thats 10 months of some major sleep deprivation.There is ALWAYS a tooth or more coming in for someone and this is the kinda fuel i run on to keep up.I drank this juice and felt immediately better.Thats why i am now typing this at 10.30pm instead of sleeping! lol.Chemical energy drinks give a false high like a bank account.If you take out a deposit you got to pay it back soon which is where the crash comes into it.
Real raw energy is what you'll love and THRIVE on.
Try this energy boost and tell me what you think.Again I'm not a professional just a professional high raw organic vegan living and breathing this lifestyle.
If you use this juice for pregnancy and are a little concerned about if it could bring on labour then swap the pineapple for a couple de-skinned oranges or whole apples and the lime for a lemon.Just as delicious!
Keep your eyes (and lemons peeled!) for my upcoming energy drinks recipes..
Lots of love,
Jen xxx


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment